Xena3918 is a free PC application installed together with XenaManager-2G that lets you do advanced IP multicast network testing, by helping you perform RFC3918 testing using one or more Xena test chassis.
Xena3918 provides an easy-to-use port configuration panel that lets you add and remove ports, and assign IP addresses and port roles. Ports from multiple XenaBay and XenaCompact chassis can be freely mixed.
The tests can be performed using various framesizes, either as in-test variations or as multiple testruns each using a fixed frame size.
The multicast traffic can be configured to use the exact protocol headers needed. All fields in the protocol headers can be modified. The unicast traffic for mixed class and burdening tests can be specified separately in a similar fashion.
|Specifications - Xena3918||Functional Groups|
|Forwarding and Throughput||- Mixed Class Throughput
- Scaled Group Forwarding Matrix
- Aggregated Multicast Throughput
|Forwarding Latency||- Multicast Latency*
- Min/Max Multicast Latency*
|Overhead||- L2 learning
- Repeat count
- Frame sizes same as stream
- Per test, per trial and per frame size learning
|Capacity||Multicast Group Capacity|
|Interaction||- Forwarding Burdened Multicast Latency
- Forwarding Burdened Group Join Delay
Xena3918 is automatically installed together with XenaManager-2G.
Xena3918 makes it easy to select the relevant test types and offers a simple GUI for defining a wide variety of settings.
- Makes it easy to create, edit and execute all test-types specified in RFC 3918
- Support for IPv4 (and soon IPv6)
- Multiple protocols supported per UNI (Ethernet, Customer and Service VLANs, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, and UDP)
- Support for all IGMP/MLD versions
- Works seamlessly with multiple XenaBay and XenaCompact test chassis
- Ability to flexibly define protocol layers supported by the test incl. Ethernet, Customer and Service VLANs, IP and UDP
- Extensive configuration options for fine-tuning tests