Stateful TCP/UDP traffic generation and analysis – extreme performance
XenaScale is a scalable ultra-high performance Gigabit TCP test chassis. It is used for stateful traffic load testing, analysis and characterization of Ethernet equipment and network infrastructure. XenaScale supports 1/10/40G L4-7 interfaces.
XenaScale offers stateful end-to-end testing of network appliances such as switches, firewalls, routers, NAT routers, proxies, load-balancers, bandwidth shapers, and more. The platform is also suitable to characterize entire network infrastructure performance.
Developers of Ethernet-based network appliances can characterize their performance by measuring connection establishment and teardown rates, packet forwarding rate at large numbers of connections and identify performance bottlenecks. The platform is also ideal for rapid validation of performance or regression testing.
Developers of TCP-based application servers such as web- and FTP servers can measure TCP connection rates. HTTP get blasting can be used to verify web server performance and robustness. Users can also replay their own PCAP files to the DUT for performance verification.
XenaConnect is included for ad-hoc test execution and remote management of test equipment located in multiple locations. XenaAppMix helps to test with real-world applications and protocols for highly scalable application emulation.
Flexible upgrade path
XenaScale can be easily upgraded for greater performance thanks to Xena’s flexible licensing model which lets you easily upgrade XenaScale by simply updating your license. This helps you protect your investment by spreading out capital expenditure across multiple quarters, and optimize your budget by purchasing additional performance when required.
• 24 million Concurrent Connections (CC)*
• 10 million Connections Per Second (CPS)**
• 6 million HTTP Connections Per Second
• 7.5 million HTTP Transactions Per Second (TPS)***
• Capture Buffer: 4 million x 128 byte buffers / 200,000 full-size buffer
* 24M TCP Clients and 24M TCP Servers on one XenaScale
** Measured at 1M CC per 10G port
*** Measured at 10 transactions per connection
• 6 slots
• 3.5” (H) x 19” (W) x 17.6” (D) (9 x 43.7 x 44cm)
• 50 lbs (22.7 kg) with no test modules installed
• AC Voltage: 100-240V
• Frequency: 50-60Hz
• Power Consumption: 238W (idle) / 329W (running)
• Max. Current: 0.8A with 120V supply, and 0.4A with 240V supply
XenaScale Product Numbers:
• 12 x 10 GigE SR/LR/DAC (or 1000M optical/copper)
• 2 x 40 GigE SR/LR/DAC and
• 4 x 10 GigE SR/LR/DAC
Software-Enabled Capacity Upgrades
• XS-P20-2G – Enable 2 x 1G test ports with 2 Packet Engines
• XS-P40-20G – Enable 2 x 10G test ports with 4 Packet Engines
• XS-P80-40G – Enable 1 x 40G test ports with 8 Packet Engines
- Stateful TCP traffic load generation with extreme performance – 24 million TCP connections*
- Scalable performance via license upgrade
- Supports dual-speed 1G, 10 & 40G SFP optical and copper Ethernet interfaces for L4-7
- Configuration and tuning of Ethernet, IP and TCP header fields for advanced traffic scenarios
- Stateful TCP connection
- Extensive live stats and test reports
- Wire-speed traffic capture with up to 4 million packets capacity
- Switched and routed network topologies, TCP proxy and NAT support
- Free traffic generation and analysis software included (XenaConnect)
- Scalable application emulation for performance testing with real-world protocols, applications, and traffic mixes from XenaAppMix