Download the .ximg file you need. The filename should start with safire- followed by the version number, e.g. safire-v1.2.1.ximg. This is the only image file you need for updating your Safire chassis. Then just follow the steps below to update your chassis:
- Log on to your Safire with admin role. (Only users with admin role have access to chassis management)
- Go to Settings > Software Update.
- Drag and drop the .ximg file into the box, or you can click the button Add .ximg and select the image file.
Drag and drop your Safire image file here to update the software
- Upload starts automatically, wait for the progress bar to complete.
- You will see the meta information of the .ximg file: check if the version number is the one you want to update to. If yes, click RUN UPDATE. Otherwise, click CANCEL.
- Safire will update automatically and reboot afterwards.