Vulcan consists of two hardware platforms: the VulcanBay and the VulcanCompact (they replace the XenaScale and XenaAppliance).
These units come complete with perpetual performance licenses. They also include one-year free software upgrades and hardware warranty. After that, you can extend coverage as described in the section Vulcan Warranty & SW Maintenance Value Pack.
- There are 4 hardware versions of the VulcanBay. Each supports different combinations of ports and speeds:
- 12 x 1/2.5/5/10G RJ45 L4-7 Test Ports
- 12 x 1/10/25G Optic L4-7 Test Ports
- 2 x 40G and 8 x 1/10/25G L4-7 Test Ports
- 6 x 2.5/5/10 Copper ports and 6 x 25G Optical ports
All VulcanBay chassis have 28 Packet Engines, which you can freely assign to ports to achieve the desired performance.
- You can choose between 4 types of speed license (for 1GE, 10GE, 25GE & 40GE). There is also a special license for enabling TLS traffic generation.
How it works:
You first choose which VulcanBay version you want (1), and then you buy licenses to activate the speed (2) you need:
(1) HARDWARE + (2) SPEED LICENSE + (optional) TLS traffic license