Xena Software Licenses
A key difference between Xena and our competitors is our approach to software. All our Valkyrie software is FREE for the first three years. That’s right – no license fees for 36 months! For our Vulcan software, we offer 12 months’ free SW upgrades.
When you buy our Valkyrie Layer 2-3 test solutions, we include:
- free software for managing our hardware (like XenaManager-2G, XenaScripting and so on)
- free standalone software for a range of industry standard test suites (like Xena2544, Xena2889, Xena3819 and Xena1564)
- We also provide 3 years’ of free software upgrades from date of purchase. (The terms governing this are explained in the Xena Software Maintenance Agreement.
There are 3 hardware versions of the XenaScale and each provides a different combination of ports/speeds:
- 12 x 1/10G L4-7 Test Ports
- 2 x 40G and 4 x 1/10G L4-7 Test Ports
- 4 x 1/10/25G and 4 x 1/10G SFP+ or 4 x 1/2.5/5/10G RJ45 L4-7 Test Ports
So first choose which hardware version you want (1), and then select the licenses you need to activate the speeds you to use (2) and then define the performance level (3) you need:
(1) HARDWARE + (2) SPEED LICENSE + (3) PACKET ENGINE (PE) LICENSE
There are 5 types of speed license and these reflect the speeds/ports that their hardware chassis supports.
1. XS-1G-1S – License to enable 1 x 1-speed L4-7 Test Port, 1GE
2. XS-10G-2S – License to enable 1 x 2-speed L4-7 Test Port, 1GE/10GE
3. XS-10G-4S – License to enable 1 x 4-speed L4-7 Test Port, 1GE/2.5GE/5GE/10GE
4. XS-25G-3S – License to enable 1 x 3-speed L4-7 Test Port, 1GE/10GE/25GE
5. XS-40G-1S – License to enable 1 x 1-speed L4-7 Test Port, 40GE
You also need packet engine (PE) license(s) to enable the traffic generation performance.
1. XS-PE – License to enable 1 Packet Engine on XenaScale chassis. Offers 1M cc, and 0.3M [email protected] cc (*with a XenaScale L4-7 Test port configured as a client, connected to a second L4-7 Test Port configured as a server)
For example, the XS-28PE-25G-5S-8P has 28 Packet Engines, so you would have to buy 28 x PEs to enable the chassis full performance potential.
You can also specify how many electrical and how many optical test ports you want of the 1/10G L4-7 test ports.