Award Winning Solutions
Xena has won multiple global awards for price/performance and technical innovation. Learn more.
STAY IN TOUCH
Copyright 2009-2021 Xena Networks.
The Odin-10G-1S-6P is a wire-speed 6-port 10G stateless test module.
Wire-speed 6-port 10G L2-3 test module
Advanced 1U Gigabit Ethernet tester with six 10G ports. The Odin-10G-1S-6P is a wire-speed 6 port 10 Gigabit Ethernet test module.
Based on Xena’s advanced architecture, the Odin-10G-1S-6P is a proven solution for testing 10G Ethernet at Layers 2-3. It is available for both the 4U 12-slot ValkyrieBay chassis and the robust transportable 1U ValkyrieCompact chassis.
The Odin-10G-1S-6P wire-speed 6-port 10G L2-3 test module comes complete with Xena’s free ValkyrieManager software – an easy-to-use GUI for handling both routine and advanced test schedules that includes ValkyrieCLI, Valkyrie2544, Valkyrie1564, Valkyrie3918 and Valkyrie2889.
6 x 10G
6 x 10GBASE-SR / LR / ER / T (3) / Direct Attached Cable (DAC)(1)
6 x SFP+
Link state, FCS errors, pause frames, ARP/PING, error injections, training packet
All traffic: RX and TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes
Traffic w/o test payload: RX and TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes
Configurable from 16 to 56 bytes, default is 20B (12B IFG + 8B preamble)
Ability to adjust the effective line rate by forcing idle gaps equivalent to -1000 ppm (increments of 10 ppm)
Supported (configurable IP and MAC address per port)
System is fully field upgradeable to product releases (FPGA images and Software)
Two real-time histograms per port. Each histogram can measure one of RX/TX packet length, IFG, jitter, or latency distribution for all traffic, a specific stream, or a filter.
Enable/disable of optical laser or copper link
IGMPv2 continuous multicast join, with configurable repeat interval
• Initial Accuracy is 3 ppm
• Frequency drift over 1st year: +/- 3 ppm (over 15 years: +/- 15 ppm)
• Temperature Stability: +/- 20 ppm (Total Stability is +/- 35 ppm)
256 (wire-speed) Each stream can generate millions of traffic flows through the use of field modifiers.
Wire-speed packet generation with timestamps, sequence numbers, and data integrity signature optionally inserted into each packet.
TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes, FCS error
Burst size and density can be specified. Uniform and bursty bandwidth profile streams can be interleaved
16-bit header field modifiers with inc, dec, or random mode. Each modifier has configurable bit-mask, repetition, min, max, and step parameters. 5 modifiers per stream.
Fixed, random, butterfly, and incrementing packet length distributions. Packet length from 56 to 16384 bytes
Repeated user specified 1 to 18B pattern, an 8-bit incrementing pattern
Undersize length (56B min) and oversize length (16384 max.) packet lengths, injection of sequence, misorder, payload integrity, and FCS errors
Ethernet, Ethernet II, VLAN, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, UDP, TCP, LLC, SNAP, GTP, ICMP, RTP, RTCP, STP, MPLS, PBB, or fully specified by user
Responds to incoming pause PFC (Priority-based Flow Control) frames
– Normal (stream interleaved mode). Standard scheduling mode, precise rates, minor variation in packet inter-frame gap.
– Strict Uniform. New scheduling mode, with 100% uniform packet inter-frame gap, minor deviation from configured rates.
– Sequential packet scheduling (sequential stream scheduling). Streams are scheduled continuously in sequential order, with configurable number of packets per stream.
– Burst. Packets per stream are organized in bursts. Bursts from active streams form a burst group. The user specifies time from start of one burst group till start of next burst group.
Real-time reporting of statistics and latency, loss, payload integrity, sequence error, and misorder error checking
Jitter (Packet Delay Variation) measurements compliant to MEF10 standard with 8 ns accuracy. Jitter can be measured on up to 32 streams.
– RX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes.
– Loss, payload integrity errors, sequence errors, misorder errors
– Min latency, max latency, average latency
– Min jitter, max jitter, average jitter
±8 ns (opto/elec).
8 ns (Latency measurements can calibrate and remove latency from transceiver modules)
– 6 x 64-bit user-definable match-term patterns with mask, and offset
– 6 x frame length comparator terms (longer, shorter)
– 6 x user-defined filters expressed from AND/OR’ing of the match and length terms.
Per filter: RX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes.
All traffic, stream, FCS errors, filter match, or traffic without test payloads
Capture start and stop trigger: none, FCS error, filter match, payload error
16 – 16384 bytes
4096 packets (any size)
(1) The interface implements discrete PHY devices with built in EDC support that employs sophisticated signal processing techniques to recover a 10 Gbps signal that has traveled over a dispersive Copper Direct attach cable and restore a bit-error rate of 10-12 or better.
(2) Counter size: 64 bits
(3) Requires SFP-10G-T-NC Prolabs 10G SFP+ 10GBASE-T
Did you know you can try Valkyrie right now?
It's easy. Just download the software and connect in seconds to a live test network so you can see how different features work.