Compact Enterprise Firewall Performance Tester
Safire makes it easy to accurately measure the performance of enterprise firewalls. Using traffic that can match the unique traffic profile in your network, Safire pinpoints performance bottlenecks in simple-to-understand graphs, clearly revealing how features like antivirus, appcontrol, IPS and SSL decryption impact throughput.
Firewalls are designed to improve network security when segmenting corporate LANs. Like most security solutions, the challenge is preventing the added security from impacting LAN performance. Each of the advanced security functions offered by firewalls has a performance penalty. Combined, these features can easily reduce performance 90%! Slowing the network down to 10% of its true potential means frustrated users and reduced business performance.
Up until now there has been no simple, cost-effective solution to this problem. Firewalls are complex devices. Obtaining accurate and standardized performance specifications from firewall vendors can be hard. And as the topology of every LAN is different, and the type of traffic varies dramatically from company to company, IT managers often struggle to accurately characterize the performance of their firewall. This is true both during the initial purchasing process, as well as after the firewall has been deployed. Firmware updates and major infrastructure changes, such as link speed upgrade, network topology modifications and rolling out new applications, will also impact a firewall’s performance.
Up until now, the only way to comprehensively address this issue has been to invest in complex and expensive test solutions and consultants that often cost more than the firewall itself.
SafireCompact is suitable for desktop use:
• 1.75” (H) x 19” (W) x 9.8” (D) (445 x 483 x 250 mm)
• 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
• AC Voltage: 100-240V
• Frequency: 50-60Hz
• Power requirement: 200W
SafireCompact, 1-slot chassis (non-modular, fixed), 24 packet engines, unit controller, AC power, excl. tcvrs. Provides 2 x 2-speed 10GBASE/SR/LR/DAC SFP+ test ports.
SafireCompact, 1-slot chassis (non-modular, fixed), 24 packet engines, unit controller, AC power, excl. tcvrs. Provides 2 x 5-speed 10000/5000/2500/1000/100 BASE-T RJ45 test ports.
E10GSFPSR – Intel® Ethernet SFP+ SR Optic (1000BASE-SX 1G Ethernet & 10GBASE-SR 10G Ethernet)
E10GSFPLR – Intel® Ethernet SFP+ LR Optic (1000BASE-LX 1G Ethernet & 10GBASE-LR 10G Ethernet)
- Automated evaluation and characterization reveal the performance bottleneck of your enterprise firewall.
- Smart test result analysis help you compare the performance difference between different firewalls with various security functions enabled
- Easy-to-understand test reports speed up decision making processes.
- Abundant library of application traffic with flexibility to match the unique traffic profile in your network.
- Goodput measurement tells you the number of useful application-level information bits per second delivered by the firewall.
- Security perimeter and internal segmentation network topologies for firewall performance testing.
- SSL deep inspection performance test reveals the performance degradation of your firewall.