Valkyrie2889 makes it easy to accurately benchmark the performance of Layer 2 LAN switches according to RFC 2889.
Valkyrie2889 is a Windows desktop application for benchmarking the performance of Layer 2 LAN switches. The following RFC 2889 test types are supported:
- All Throughput and Forwarding rate tests (both fully and partially meshed)
- Congestion Control
- Address Caching Capacity
- Address Learning Rate
- Broadcast Frame Forwarding and Latency
- Forward Pressure and Maximum Forwarding Rate
Valkyrie2889 also supports Errored Frames Filtering (with the exception of the “Dribble Bit Errors” and “Alignment Errors” tests).
- Create, edit and execute test configurations using Xena test equipment according to RFC 2889
- Configure and enable many of the test-types defined in RFC 2889
- Supports L2-3 testing and either IPv4 or IPv6
- Flexibly define protocol layers (Ethernet, VLANs, IP, UDP, etc.)
- Assign separate protocol layer definitions to each test port
- Extensive configuration options to fine-tune the tests