VulcanCompact is a high performance Gigabit TCP test chassis for stateful traffic load testing, analysis and characterization of Ethernet equipment and network infrastructure.
VulcanCompact offers stateful end-to-end testing of network appliances such as switches, firewalls, routers, NAT routers, proxies, bandwidth shapers, and more. The platform is also suitable to characterize entire network infrastructure performance.
Developers of Ethernet-based network appliances can characterize their performance by measuring connection establishment and teardown rates, packet forwarding rate at large numbers of connections and identify performance bottlenecks. The platform is also ideal for rapid validation of performance or regression testing.
Developers of stateful network security devices such as next-generation firewalls (NGFW) can measure TLS handshake rate, TLS throughput, TCP CC/CPS, and HTTP CPS/TPS. Users can also replay their own PCAP files to the DUT for performance verification.
VulcanManager is included for ad-hoc test execution and remote management of test equipment located in multiple locations. VulcanAppMix helps to test with real-world applications and protocols for highly scalable application emulation.
- 14 million TCP Concurrent Connections (CC)*
- 5 million TCP Connections Per Second (CPS)**
- 2.8 million Transactions Per Second (TPS)***
- 700,000 TLS Concurrent Connections
* 14M TCP Clients and 14M TCP Servers on one VulcanCompact
** Measured with 2 x 10G ports and 14 PEs per port, with no TCP payload
*** Measured at 10 transactions per connection with 2 x 10G ports
VulcanCompact is suitable for desktop use:
• 1.7” (H) x 17.2” (W) x 9.8” (D) (4.3 x 437 x 249 mm)
• 10 lbs (4.5 kg) with no test modules installed
• AC Voltage: 100-240V
• Frequency: 50-60Hz
• Power Consumption: 238W (idle) / 329W (running)
• Max. Current: 0.8A with 120V supply, and 0.4A with 240V supply
VulcanCompact Product Numbers:
VulcanCompact 1-slot chassis (non-modular, fixed), 28 packet engines, unit controller, AC power, excl. tvcrs
Slot 0: L4-7 Test Ports 2 x SFP+, 2 x 2-speed 10GBASE/SR/LR/DAC.
Includes 2 x Vul-V1G-P / Vul-V10G-P licenses and Vul-Sec-P (perpetual license for enabling TLS traffic generation on the chassis)
- Stateful TCP traffic load generation with extreme performance – 14 million TCP connections *
- High throughput of TLS encrypted traffic
- Supports 1/10G optical Ethernet interfaces for L4-7
- Configuration and tuning of Ethernet, IP and TCP header fields for advanced traffic scenarios
- Extensive live stats and test reports
- Wire-speed traffic capture with up to 4 million packets capacity
- Switched and routed network topologies, TCP proxy and NAT support
- Free traffic generation and analysis software included (VulcanManager)
- Scalable application emulation for performance testing with real-world protocols, applications, and traffic mixes from VulcanAppMix