Autoneg & Link Training
This White Paper looks at Autonegotiation and Link Training and explains how Thor-400G-7S-1P supports these functions for the new PAM4-based 400GE 200GE, 100GE and 50GE data rates.
PAM-4 Auto-Negotiation & Link Training White Paper
Autonegotiation is a tried-and-tested process where a device is connected to a network through an Ethernet interface, and the end points of a link share information on various capabilities relevant for the communication.
Autonegotiation determines the highest common denominator among the end-point capabilities, and these will be used for the communication. Link Training is another process that can take place when a device is connected to a high-speed Ethernet port through a copper cable or backplane. In this case it is important that the characteristics of the transmitted signal are tuned to be optimally carried over the copper cable.
Xena’s 7-speed dual-media test module Thor-400G-7S-1P supports the new PAM4-based 400GE, 200GE, 100GE and 50GE speeds defined in the IEEE 802.3bs and 802.3cd standards. It also has the unique advantage of also being able to test the NRZ-based speeds: 100GE, 50GE, 40GE, 25GE and 10GE. Installed in a ValkyrieBay or ValkyrieCompact chassis, it provides advanced Ethernet test capabilities up to Layer 3.
Learn more about Auto-negotiation and Link Training for the new PAM4-based 400GE 200GE, 100GE and 50GE data rates and how Xena’s Thor-400G-7S-1P can be used for testing these speeds with these functions enabled.
- The PAM4 Line Code
- Link Training
- No Autonegotiation, No Link Training
- No Autonegotiation, Link Training
- Autonegotiation and Link Training
- Manual Tuning of Transmitter Characteristics
Register for this White Paper
Xena White Papers
- 100G PON
- Advanced Layer 4 Replay
- Application Emulation
- Automotive Ethernet Testing
- Autoneg & Link Training
- Emulation vs. Simulation for Layer 4-7
- Evaluate Data Center Network Performance
- Firewall Performance Testing Use Cases in Lab and Production Networks
- GPON Certification with LAN
- GPON Testing
- IP Multicast
- Latency & Jitter
- NGFW Performance
- Production Line Testing
- Putting 2.5GE & 5GE to the Test
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Quality of Service Validation
- Realistic Application Simulation for Enterprise Firewall Performance Testing
- TCP Testing
- Testing NGFWs
- Testing VNF
- The Case for 25GE & 50GE
- The Shared Lab Challenge
- Time Synchronization
- Traffic Generator Upgrade
- Transport Layer Security