Plotting the Performance Landscape for SD-WAN
This White Paper examines how Ethernet impairment testing can enable efficient and cost-effective testing of dynamic SD-WAN solutions
SD-WAN White Paper
Explores how impairment testing can be used to verify the integrity of data as it traverses the multiple different physical network technologies underlying SD-WANs.
The technique involves using an Ethernet traffic generator (Valkyrie) and a network impairment emulator (Chimera) to plot a “performance landscape” to help improve the policies and orchestration solutions used to control SD-WAN networks and the algorithms supporting intelligent SD-WAN edge appliances. It can also form the basis for Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and be used to reproduce and resolve complex WAN connectivity issues.
SD-WAN White Paper – CONTENT
- Executive Summary
- What is SD-WAN
- SD-WAN solutions have evolved
- Modern SD-WAN focus on application QoE
- Testing modern SD-WAN performance
- Plotting the performance landscape with impairment testing
- Key areas for SD-WAN impairment testing
- Impairment testing adds critical dimension to performance assurance
- Use Chimera to plot the SD-WAN performance landscape