The C-Odin-10G-4S-2P-Combi offers two 10GE and four 1GE test ports. This flexible combination allows you to test both speeds simultaneously for cost-effective Layer 2-3 testing.
(*only available in ValkyrieCompact chassis)
Unique test module for flexible Layer 2-3 testing
The C-Odin-10G-4S-2P-Combi is a wire-speed 2-port 10GE and 4-port 1GE test module.
Based on Xena’s advanced architecture, the C-Odin-10G-4S-2P-Combi is only available for the robust transportable 1U ValkyrieCompact chassis.
The C-Odin-10G-4S-2P-Combi comes complete with Xena’s free ValkyrieManager software – an easy-to-use GUI for handling both routine and advanced test schedules that includes ValkyrieCLI, Valkyrie2544, Valkyrie1564, Valkyrie3918 and Valkyrie2889.
|PORT LEVEL FEATURES|
|Interface category||10G and 1G Ethernet|
|Number of test ports||2 x 10G and 4 x 1G|
|Interface options||2 x 10GBASE-SR / LR / LRM / ER / Direct Attached Cable (DAC)(1)and
4 x 10/100/1000BASE-T(2) or 1000BASE-X (SFP-MSA) or 100BASE-FX(2) or 100BASE-BX(3)
|Number of transceiver module cages||2 x SFP+ and 4 x SFP|
|Port statistics(4)||Link state, FCS errors, pause frames, ARP/PING, error injections, training packet
All traffic: RX and TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes
Traffic w/o test payload: RX and TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes
|Adjustable Inter Frame Gap (IFG)||Configurable from 16 to 56 bytes, default is 20B (12B IFG + 8B preamble)|
|Transmit line rate adjustment||Ability to adjust the effective line rate by forcing idle gaps equivalent to -1000 ppm (increments of 10 ppm)|
|ARP/PING||Supported (configurable IP and MAC address per port)|
|Field upgradeable||System is fully field upgradeable to product releases (FPGA images and Software)|
|Two real-time histograms per port. Each histogram can measure one of RX/TX packet length, IFG, jitter, or latency distribution for all traffic, a specific stream, or a filter|
|Tx disable||Enable/disable of optical laser or copper link|
|IGMPv2 multicast join/leave)||IGMPv2 continuous multicast join, with configurable repeat interval|
|Oscillator characteristics||• Initial Accuracy is 3 ppm
• Frequency drift over 1st year: +/- 3 ppm (over 15 years: +/- 15 ppm)
• Temperature Stability: +/- 20 ppm (Total Stability is +/- 35 ppm)
|Loopback modes||– L1RX2TX – RX-to-TX, transmit byte-by-byte copy of the incoming packet
– L2RX2TX – RX-to-TX, swap source and destination MAC addresses
– L3RX2TX – RX-to-TX, swap source and destination MAC addresses and IP addresses
– TXON2RX – TX-to-RX, packet is also transmitted from the port
– TXOFF2RX – TX-to-RX, port’s transmitter is idle
– Port-to-port – Inline loop mode where all traffic is looped 100% transparent at L1
|Number of transmit streams per port||32 (wire-speed) for 1G ports and 256 (wire-speed) for 10G ports.
Each stream can generate millions of traffic flows through the use of field modifiers
|Test payload insertion per stream||Wire-speed packet generation with timestamps, sequence numbers, and data integrity signature optionally inserted into each packet.|
|Stream statistics(4)||TX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes, FCS error, Pause|
|Bandwidth profiles||Burst size and density can be specified. Uniform and bursty bandwidth profile streams can be interleaved|
|Field modifiers||16-bit header field modifiers with inc, dec, or random mode. Each modifier has configurable bit-mask, repetition, min, max, and step parameters. 2 modifiers per stream for 1G ports and 5 modifiers per stream for 10G ports.|
|Packet length controls||Fixed, random, butterfly, and incrementing packet length distributions. Packet length from 56 to 16384 bytes|
|Packet payloads||Repeated user specified 1 to 18B pattern, a 8-bit incrementing pattern|
|Error generation||Undersize length (56B min) and oversize length (16384 max.) packet lengths, injection of sequence, misorder, payload integrity, and FCS errors|
|TX packet header support and RX autodecodes||Ethernet, Ethernet II, VLAN, ARP, IPv4, IPv6, UDP, TCP, LLC, SNAP, GTP, ICMP, RTP, RTCP, STP, MPLS, PBB, or fully specified by user|
|Packet scheduling modes||– Normal (stream interleaved mode). Standard scheduling mode, precise rates, minor variation in packet inter-frame gap.
– Strict Uniform. New scheduling mode, with 100% uniform packet inter-frame gap, minor deviation from configured rates.
– Sequential packet scheduling (sequential stream scheduling). Streams are scheduled continuously in sequential order, with configurable number of packets per stream.
– Burst. Packets per stream are organized in bursts. Bursts from active streams form a burst group. The user specifies time from start of one burst group till start of next burst group.
|Number of traceable Rx streams per port||680 (wire-speed) for 1G ports and
2048 (wire-speed) for 10G ports
|Automatic detection of test payload for received packets||Real-time reporting of statistics and latency, loss, payload integrity, sequence error, and misorder error checking|
|Jitter measurement||Jitter (Packet Delay Variation) measurements compliant to MEF10 standard with 8 ns accuracy. Jitter can be measured on up to 32 streams.|
|Stream statistics(4)||– RX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes.
– Loss, payload integrity errors, sequence errors, misorder errors
– Min latency, max latency, average latency
– Min jitter, max jitter, average jitter
|Latency measurements accuracy||±16/32 ns (opto/elec) for 1G ports and
±8 ns for 10G ports
|Latency measurement resolution||8 ns (Latency measurements can calibrate and remove latency from transceiver modules)|
|Number of filters:||– 6 x 64-bit user-definable match-term patterns with mask, and offset
– 6 x frame length comparator terms (longer, shorter)
– 6 x user-defined filters expressed from AND/OR’ing of the match and length terms.
|Filter statistics(4)||Per filter: RX Mbit/s, packets/s, packets, bytes.|
|Capture criteria||All traffic, stream, FCS errors, filter match, or traffic without test payloads|
|Capture start/stop triggers||Capture start and stop trigger: none, FCS error, filter match, payload error|
|Capture limit per packet||16 – 16384 bytes|
|Wire-speed capture buffer per port||16 kB for 1G ports and
64 kB for 10G ports
|Low speed capture buffer per port (10Mbit/sec)||4096 packets (any size)|
|(1) The interface implements discrete PHY devices with built in EDC support that employs sophisticated signal processing techniques to recover a 10 Gbps signal that has travelled over a dispersive Copper Direct attach cable and restore a bit-error rate of 10-12 or better.
(2) Requires Finisar SFP transceiver FCLF-8521-3 with sgmii host interface
(3) Requires Source Photonics SFP transceivers with sgmii host interface
(4) Counter size: 64 bits
- 2 x 10G ports AND 4 x 1G ports
- Robust form factor
- Ease of use
- Free software
- Three years’ free SW updates
- Three years’ free hardware warranty
- Free tech support for product lifetime