The Case for 25GE & 50GE
Data centers are hungry for bandwidth but strapped for cash. Adding more 10GE equipment is a short-term solution but upgrading to 40/100GE is expensive.
The Case for 25GE and 50GE White Paper
The demand for cloud-based solutions has grown rapidly, leaving many datacenters hungry for bandwidth.
This has created a demand for cost-effective solutions that can deliver extra bandwidth and fully utilize the high capacity of the new generations of CPUs being used in the servers in the data centers. The new CPUs can easily support data rates higher than the 10 Gigabit Ethernet, which for a long time has been used for connections in the datacenter environment. But upgrading to 40 Gigabit Ethernet comes with an extra price tag due to the capital expenditure and power consumption.
This is why the industry has pushed to get cost effective 25 Gigabit Ethernet and 50 Gigabit Ethernet solutions standardized and ready for deployment.
To evaluate and benchmark the performance of any new 25GE and 50GE equipment, data centers will need test equipment that support the new speeds.
To meet this need, Xena has launched a new 5-speed test module – the Loki-100G-5S-1P – which can generate traffic at 100GE/50GE /40GE/25GE/10GE. Being able to test all five speeds with just one test module represents a significant cost saving.
The Case for 25GE and 50GE White Paper – CONTENT
- Top-of-Rack Datacenter Design
- 25 Gigabit Ethernet (25GE) and 50 Gigabit Ethernet (50GE) Standardization
- Protocol Stack
- 25GE and 50GE switches
- 25GE and 50GE NICs
- Available Electrical and Optical Modules
- 25GE and 50GE Test Requirements
- Xena Networks 25GE and 50GE Test Solutions
- Unique Eye Diagram
- Testing Above Layer 1
- Testing from 10 Gigabit/s to 100 Gigabit/s
Register for this White Paper
Xena White Papers
- 100G PON
- Advanced Layer 4 Replay
- Application Emulation
- Automotive Ethernet
- Autoneg & Link Training
- Emulation vs. Simulation for Layer 4-7
- Evaluate Data Center Network Performance
- GPON Certification with LAN
- GPON Testing
- IP Multicast
- Latency & Jitter
- NGFW Performance
- Putting 2.5GE & 5GE to the Test
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Quality of Service Validation
- TCP Testing
- Testing NGFWs
- Testing VNF
- The Case for 25GE & 50GE
- The Shared Lab Challenge
- Time Synchronization
- Traffic Generator Upgrade
- Transport Layer Security