The XenaAppliance is an extreme performance Gigabit TCP test chassis for stateful traffic load testing, analysis and characterization of Ethernet equipment and network infrastructure.
XenaAppliance is an extreme performance Gigabit TCP test chassis for stateful traffic load testing, analysis and characterization of Ethernet equipment and network infrastructure.
This ultra-compact “all-in-one” chassis supports 10GE and 1GE L4-7 interfaces, and can also be equipped with 10GE or 1GE L2-3 test modules (see Odin-10G-1S-2P and Odin-1G-2S-6P), making it a complete L2-7 test platform.
XenaAppliance offers stateful end-to-end testing of network appliances such as switches, firewalls, routers, NAT routers, proxies, load-balancers, bandwidth shapers, and more. The platform is also suitable to characterize entire network infrastructure performance for TCP.
Developers of Ethernet-based network appliances can characterize their performance by measuring connection establishment and teardown rates, packet forwarding rate at large numbers of connections and identify performance bottlenecks. The platform is also ideal for rapid validation of performance or regression testing.
Developers of TCP-based application servers such as web- and FTP servers can measure TCP connection rates. HTTP get blasting can be used to verify web server performance and robustness.
XenaConnect is included for ad-hoc test execution and remote management of test equipment located in multiple locations. Xena also offers an open scripting API (XenaScripting) for automating testing from any scripting environment and browser-based operation via XenaWeb.
• 4 million Concurrent Connections (CC)*
• 1.66 million Connections Per Second (CPS)**
• 1 million packets capture buffer
* Using a single XenaAppliance with one port configured as a client, and the other as a server.
** measured at 1 million CC
XenaAppliance supports optical Oor copper interfaces for 1G & 10G Layer 4-7 and Layer 2-3 testing, in various port densities. See the data sheet for details.
- Stateful TCP traffic load generation with extreme performance – 4 million TCP connections
- High port density in small (2U) form factor
- Supports dual-speed 1G & 10G SFP optical or copper Ethernet interfaces for L4-7 and L2-3 testing
- Configuration and tuning of Ethernet, IP and TCP header fields for advanced traffic scenarios
- Stateful TCP connection blasting
- HTTP get/put/head/post blasting
- Extensive live stats and test reports
- Wire-speed traffic capture with programmable filter and trigger criteria
- Switched and routed network topologies, TCP proxy and NAT support
- Incl. free traffic generation and analysis software included (XenaConnect for L4-7 and XenaManager-2G for L2-3)
- Xena L2-3 test applications (Xena2544, Xena2889, Xena1564 and Xena3918) also included free of charge.
- XenaScripting – automated Command Line Interface (CLI) scripting from any scripting tool environment such as Tcl, Python, Perl, VBA, Ruby, Bash and Java